Things to read:
• Local band lineup change alert: singer Nick Kelly shares some words about his last week in power-metal band Division. There’s still one more chance to see Nick sing with Division, but it’ll involve a drive: the band is playing this Saturday at Balls Bluff Tavern, 2-D Loudoun Street Southwest, Leesburg, VA.
• the DC-related Whitney Houston coverage continues: DCist remembers Houston’s last public DC-area show, in 1997 at DAR Constitution Hall.
• Ever wonder what types of things go on at the Fillmore Silver Spring on nights when the venue doesn’t have a concert? Washingtonian’s blog stopped by there this weekend to find a Valentine’s dance for 90-year-old members of the community.
• DCist’s Weekly Music Agenda.
• Timothy Bracy on Tennis‘s Young and Old for the Washington Post. Tennis is at the Black Cat on March 7.
• DC writer Joe Colly on Various Artists: We Are the Works In Progress (Asa Wa Kuru) for Pitchfork.
• Live reviews: Francis Chung on Sharon van Etten at the Black Cat [DCist]. Robert Battey on Voxare String Quartet at the Phillips Collection [Washington Post]. Charles T Downey on Leif Ove Andsnes at Strathmore [Washington Post]. Alan Duckworth on Steve Aoki at the Fillmore Silver Spring [the Rogers Revue]. We Love DC on the Sockets Records showcase at the Black Cat.
Today’s new releases:
• Band of Skulls: Sweet Sour [Vagrant] – playing at the 9:30 Club on March 24.
• Islands: A Sleep & A Forgetting [Anti-] – playing at the Black Cat on February 22.
• Punch Brothers: Who’s Feeling Young Now? [Nonesuch] – playing at the 9:30 Club on April 27.
• Rosie Thomas: With Love  – playing at Jammin’ Java on March 16.
• the Dunwells: Blind Sided Faith [Playing in Traffic] – playing at Rams Head Tavern in Annapolis on May 10th (all-ages matinee!).
• Heartless Bastards: Arrow [Partisian Records] – playing at the Ottobar in Baltimore on February 27.
• Catherine Russell: Strictly Romancin’ [World Village] – playing at the Kennedy Center on April 13.
• The Vinyl District has a copy of Of Montreal‘s Paralytic Stalks on yellow vinyl. Winner must have a North American mailing address. (contest ends today)
• The Vinyl District has tickets to Zola Jesus at U Street Music Hall on 2/16 (contest ends 2/15 at noon)
• Tittsworth has tickets to Moombahton Massive XII at U-Hall on 2/15 (contest end date unknown; presumably Wednesday).
• The Rogers Revue has tickets to Disney On Ice at the Verizon Center on 2/18 (contest ends 2/17).