• Washingtonian’s Music Picks.
• DC Music Download’s Weekend Hits.
• Washington Post Going Out Guide’s Weekend Best Bets.
• Washington CityPaper’s Jazz Setlist.
• DCist’s This Week in Jazz.
• CapitalBop’s Weekend in Jazz.
• ShowlistDC’s recently-added and changed shows.
Note: the Washington Post doesn’t seem to have its Weekend section reviews online yet; check the print edition for reviews of these albums:
• CD Review: Friends: Manifest!. Reviewed by Catherine P Lewis [Washington Post]. At the Rock & Roll Hotel tonight.
• CD Review: Romain Collin: The Calling. Reviewed by Mike Joyce. At the Bohemian Caverns on Saturday 7/7.
• CD Review: JD McPherson: Signs & Signifiers. Reviewed by Moira McLaughlin. At IOTA on Monday 7/9.
• CD Review: Gigamesh: All My Life. Reviewed by Mark Jenkins. At the U St Music Hall next Thursday 7/12.
• CD Review: Everest: Ownerless. Reviewed by Mark Jenkins. At the Rock & Roll Hotel next Thursday 7/12.
Saturday, 7 July
• Interview: David Malitz talks to These Unite States [Washington Post]. There’s also this [We Love DC]. At the Black Cat.
• Saturday is “Chuck Brown Day” at the Smithsonian Folklife Festival [DCist].
• Preview: Steve Kiviat on Gepe [Washington CityPaper]. At the Velvet Lounge.
Sunday, 8 July
• Interview: Stephen Deusner talks to Robyn [Washington Post Express], who’s doing a concert double-header on Sunday 7/8, opening for Coldplay at the Verizon Center and then DJing with DJ Rokk at the U St Music Hall. (She’s also at the U-Hall on Saturday night as well.)
• Interview: Stephen Deusner talks to Matisyahu [Washington Post Express]. At Wolf Trap.
• CapitalBop’s DC Jazz Loft returns, with Marshall Keys, Matt Rippetoe Quartet, and Ethan Snyder. At the Dunes in Columbia Heights.
• Lengthy power failures can cause frustration– and creativity. Four housemates in Bloomingdale wrote a song to air out their grievances with Pepco [DCist].
• Washingtonian Magazine’s guide to the area’s top live music venues.
• CD Review: Nguzunguzu: Warm Pulse. Reviewed by Joe Colly [Pitchfork].
• CD Review: Supreme Cuts: Whispers in the Dark. Reviewed by Zach Kelly [Pitchfork].
• Chunky Glasses’ best of 2012 so far.
• Rohan Mahadevan’s song of the day is Troll Tax, “Nook’s is Open All Night” [DCist].
• Hometown Sounds DC’s local music video of the day is The Sea Life, “Nocturnal”.
• We Love DC on Scissor Sisters at the 9:30 Club on 7/3.
• Stephen Bradley on Retox at DC9 [Washington Times].
• The Vinyl District is giving away a copy of George Harrison‘s Early Takes Volume 1 on vinyl (contest ends Monday 7/9).
• The Vinyl District is giving away tickets to the Jesus & Mary Chain at the 9:30 Club on 9/9 (contest ends Monday 7/9).
• NEW Noisecreep is giving away a copy of the new Dying Fetus album, Reign Supreme (contest ends Monday 7/9).
• NEW ShowlistDC (that’s us!) is giving away a pair of orchestra tickets to see Wilco and the Lee Ranaldo Band at Wolf Trap on 7/17 (contest ends Thursday 7/12).
• Metal Injection is giving away tickets to the Rockstar Mayhem Fest featuring Slipknot, Slayer, and Motorhead at Jiffy Lube Live on 7/29 (contest ends “randomly” as the concert date approaches).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see 311 and Slightly Stoopid at Jiffy Lube Live on 7/28 (contest ends Sunday 7/22).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see System of a Down with the Deftones at the Verizon Center on 8/7 (contest ends Sunday 7/29).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see OAR at Merriweather Post Pavilion on 8/10 (contest ends Sunday 7/29).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see Linkin Park and Mutemath at Jiffy Lube Live on 8/11 (contest ends 8/5).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see Gotye at Merriweather Post Pavilion on 9/30 (no indication of when this contest ends).
Add this blog to your RSS feed: http://www.showlistdc.com/more/feed/