• Washingtonian’s Music Picks.
• DC Music Download’s Weekend Hits.
• We Love DC loves weekends.
• CapitalBop’s Weekend in Jazz.
• Washington CityPaper’s Jazz Setlist.
• DCist’s This Fortnight in Jazz.
• Washington CityPaper on DC’s South-American Weekend.
• ShowlistDC’s recently-added and recently-updated shows.
Tonight – Friday, 13 July
• Interview: Greg Svitil (of Teething Veils and Silo Halo) talks to Girl in a Coma [We Love DC].
• Article/interview: David Malitz on Yahzarah [Washington Post]. Performing as part of Neo-Soul Night at Carter Barron Amphitheatre.
• Article/interview: Emily Cary on Marvin Hamlisch goes Gershwin [Washington Examiner]. At Wolf Trap.
• Preview: Joe Warminsky on La Coka Nostra [Washington CityPaper]. At the 9:30 Club.
Saturday, 14 July
• Several articles about Afro Blue Vocal Band, who are performing at Strathmore with Italian vocal group Cluster as part of the Vocal-Nation Festival: an article/interview by Nia Hightower [DC Music Live] and an article/interview by Doug Rule [Metro Weekly].
• Article/interview: Marie Gullard on the Wizard of Oz with the NSO [Washington Examiner]. At Wolf Trap.
Sunday, 15 July
• CD Review: El-P: Cancer for Cure. Reviewed by Geoffrey Himes [Washington Post]. At the Rock & Roll Hotel.
Monday, 16 July
• Preview: Ramon Ramirez on Refused [Washington CityPaper]. At the Fillmore Silver Spring.
Tuesday, 17 July
• CD Review: Kelly Hogan: I Like to Keep Myself in Pain. Reviewed by Geoffrey Himes [Washington Post]. At Rams Head Live! with Neko Case.
• Preview: Steve Kiviat on Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Conotou [Washington CityPaper]. At the Hamilton.
Wednesday, 18 July
• CD Review: Mindy Smith: Mindy Smith. Reviewed by Catherine P Lewis [Washington Post]. At Jammin’ Java.
Thursday, 19 July
• Album Review: Supreme Commander: Paper Tigers. Reviewed by Catherine P Lewis [Washington Post]. At DC9.
• Preview: Reese Higgins on Chromatics [Washington CityPaper]. At the Rock & Roll Hotel. There’s also a review by Brandon Weigel of Chromatics’ latest album, Kill for Love [Washington Post].
• RIP KT Robeson [We Love DC]. Robeson was a bartender at DC9 and the Rock & Roll Hotel.
• Do you miss the Dismemberment Plan? You’re in luck! The band has announced two reunion shows in August [Washington CityPaper]: 8/10 at the Metro Gallery in Baltimore and 8/11 at Eyeclopes in Fredericksburg. DCist also reports.
• Anne Midgette on the Kapell competition [Washington Post].
• Local Kickstarter: a cappella group Vox Pop is raising funds to release its first album.
• Interview: Carlos Perez talks to Yung Gleesh [Washington CityPaper].
• The show was last night, but here’s John F Kelly’s interview with Glen Tilbrook of Squeeze [Washington Post].
• Rohan Mahadevan’s song of the day is Gigamesh, “Dream On” [DCist].
• Hometown Sounds DC’s local music video of the day is Constant Alarm, “Breathe You”.
• New local band video: Darkest Hour, “Severed Into Separates” [MetalSucks].
• Laura Marling stopped by NPR’s DC offices for a Tiny Desk Concert.
• Listen: Mary Christ, “Absent Minds” [Washington CityPaper].
• Dustin Whitlow’s photos of Neon Trees, Penguin Prison, and JJAMZ at the 9:30 Club [930club.tumblr.com].
• David Hintz on the Taxpayers, the Wild, and the Harrison Four at the Black Cat, 7/11/12 [DC Rock Live].
• Eddie Pasa on Coldplay at the Verizon Center [Reel Film News].
• Brightest Young Things’ photos of Maceo Parker at the State Theatre.
• Marie Eff on Matisyahu at Rams Head Live [Brightest Young Things].
• The Vinyl District is giving away tickets to The English Beat‘s upcoming tour, including the 7/22 Baltimore SoundStage show (contest ends today at noon).
• Guitars at Chucks is giving away a pair of tickets to Santana and the Allman Brothers Band at Merriweather Post Pavilion (contest ends Monday 7/16).
• The Vinyl District is giving away a signed copy of Japandroids‘ Celebration Rock. Winner must have a North American mailing address (contest ends Tuesday 7/17).
• The Vinyl District is giving away a copy of Thin Lizzy‘s self-titled debut reissue on vinyl. Winner must have a North American mailing address (contest ends Wednesday 7/18).
• Metal Injection is giving away tickets to the Rockstar Mayhem Fest featuring Slipknot, Slayer, and Motorhead at Jiffy Lube Live on 7/29 (contest ends “randomly” as the concert date approaches).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see 311 and Slightly Stoopid at Jiffy Lube Live on 7/28 (contest ends Sunday 7/22).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see System of a Down with the Deftones at the Verizon Center on 8/7 (contest ends Sunday 7/29).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see OAR at Merriweather Post Pavilion on 8/10 (contest ends Sunday 7/29).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see Linkin Park and Mutemath at Jiffy Lube Live on 8/11 (contest ends 8/5).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see Gotye at Merriweather Post Pavilion on 9/30 (no indication of when this contest ends).
Add this blog to your RSS feed: http://www.showlistdc.com/more/feed/