• Planning Guides: DC Music Download’s Weekday Hits. Steve Kiviat’s Global/Soul events for the rest of May 2012. DC Music Live’s Weekly Show Roundup. Washington Post Going Out Guide’s 40 Things You Must Do This Summer.
• Artomatic opened this weekend! Check out John Anderson’s first impressions [Washington CityPaper]. Michael O’Sullivan also weighs in [Washington Post]. We’ve also listed all of the music performances at this year’s Artomatic.
• Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb died on Sunday, and Chris Richard finds this 1979 article by Geoffrey Himes in the Washington Post archives.
• Interview/Preview: Gioanni Russonello talks to Michael Bowie [Capital Bop], whose Sine Qua Non performs at U Street’s Bohemian Caverns every Tuesday this month.
• Local musician interview: Stephanie Williams talks to Naseem Khuri, who’s now in Boston’s Kingsley Flood [DC Music Download].
• Local listening: Check out Tabi Bonney‘s The Endless Summer [Washington CityPaper].
• Local listening: Hometown Sounds DC’s two local music videos of the day: Vandaveer and SOJA.
• Local listening: DC Music Download’s Local Listening Booth for this week.
• Metallomusikum continues her countdown to Maryland DeathFest with profiles of Yob, Morgoth, Suffocation, Saint Vitus, and Electric Wizard, as well as an interview with guitarist Anton Reisenegger from Pentagram (Chile).
• Chris Klimek on Lucinda Williams and the Drive-By Truckers at Merriweather Post Pavilion [Washington Post].
• Anne Midgette on pianist Jeremy Denk at the 6th & I Synagogue [Washington Post].
• Charles T Downey on the National Philharmonic‘s performance of Debussy‘s “Le Martyre de Saint Sebastien” at Strathmore [Washington Post].
• Joe Banno on pianist Peter Serkin and the Shanghai Quartet at the Freer Gallery [Washington Post].
• Allison Lantero on Owen Danoff at the Mansion at Strathmore [DC Music Live].
• Stephen Bradley on M. Ward at the 9:30 Club [Washington Times].
• The Vinyl District is giving away a copy of Electric Guest‘s Mondo on vinyl. Winner must have a North American mailing address (contest ends Wednesday 5/23).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to the sold-out Radiohead show at the Verizon Center on 6/3 (contest ends Sunday 5/27).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to Dave Matthews Band at Jiffy Lube Live on 6/16 (contest ends Sunday 6/3).
• Metal Injection is giving away tickets to the Rockstar Mayhem Fest featuring Slipknot, Slayer, and Motorhead at Jiffy Lube Live on 7/29 (contest ends “randomly” as the concert date approaches).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see 311 and Slightly Stoopid at Jiffy Lube Live on 7/28 (contest ends Sunday 7/22).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see OAR at Merriweather Post Pavilion on 8/10 (contest ends Sunday 7/29).
Add this blog to your RSS feed: http://www.showlistdc.com/more/feed/