• Washingtonian’s music picks.
• We Love DC loves weekends.
• Washington CityPaper’s Jazz Setlist.
• DCist’s This Week in Jazz.
• DCist’s This Week in Hip-Hop.
• DC Music Download’s Weekend Hits.
• ShowlistDC.com’s list of recently-added and updated shows.
Today – Friday 31 August
• Interview: Stephanie Williams’ Q&A with the Young Rapids [DC Music Download]. At the Dunes in Columbia Heights.
• Interview/preview: Marie Gullard on Annie and the Beekeepers [Washington Examiner]. At the Kennedy Center‘s Millennium Stage.
Saturday, 1 September
• CD Review: Gesaffelstein, Rise of Depravity. Reviewed by Megan Buerger [Washington Post]. At the U Street Music Hall.
• Preview/Interview: Christopher Porter on Zongo Junction [Washington Post Express]. at the Bayou.
Sunday, 2 September
• Article/interview: Jess Righthand on the Mynabirds [Washington Post]. At the Rock & Roll Hotel.
• Preview: Joe Warminsky on Anthony Pirog Trio [Washington CityPaper]. At Twins Jazz.
Monday, 3 September
Tuesday, 4 September
• Preview: Mike Paarlberg on the John Cage Centennial Festival [Washington CityPaper]. Events all week listed at johncage2012.com and on ShowlistDC.
Wednesday, 5 September
• CD Review: Kreator, Phantom Antichrist. Reviewed by Catherine P Lewis [Washington Post]. At the Howard Theatre.
• CD Review: Holograms, Holograms. Reviewed by Mark Jenkins [Washington Post]. At the Red Palace.
• CD Review: Patrick Watson, Adventures in Your Own Backyard. Reviewed by Mike Joyce [Washington Post]. At the 9:30 Club.
Thursday, 6 September
• CD Review: the Ana Egge Band, Bad Blood. Reviewed by Mark Jenkins [Washington Post]. At the Hamilton.
• New local venue: Rams Head Center Stage is opening at Maryland Live! Casino in Arundel Mills Mall [Washington Post]. We’ve got their schedule listed here.
• Red Onion Books and Records is not closing! [Washington CityPaper].
• Spotted on TV: local photographer Metal Chris (from DCHeavyMetal.com)’s photos of Cannibal Corpse at the 9:30 Club appeared on the Rachel Maddow show on MSNBC. Photos are at the 4:52 mark.
• Interview: Sriram Gopal talks to drummer Mike Smirnoff [DCist].
• Interview: David Hintz talks to Dave Cousins of Strawbs [DC Rock Live].
• Interview: Metallomusikum talks to Baltimore death metal band Alhazred.
• Interview: Arielle Hixson talks to Owen Danoff [DC Music Live].
• DC Musicians are recording a track for a Pussy Riot tribute [DCist].
• CD Review: Harry Pussy: Let’s Build a Pussy. Reviewed by Marc Masters [Pitchfork].
• CD Review: OMBRE: Believe You Me. Reviewed by Lindsay Zoladz [Pitchfork].
• You can still earn a ticket to Virgin Mobile FreeFest [WashingtonCityPaper].
• Here’s a roundup of Hometown Sounds DC’s local music videos of the day:
– Maduro, “There Is No Forever” (8/29)
– Uptown XO, “Occupy DC” (8/28)
• Here’s a roundup of DCist’s music videos of the day:
– Julia Holter, “Goddess Eyes I” (8/30)
– METZ, “Headache” (8/29)
– Wild Nothing, “Shadow” (8/28)
• Listen: Reesa Renee‘s “Got Me Loose” [Washington CityPaper].
• Listen: Harmony Muzik, “Hiyaku” [Washington CityPaper].
• Listen: Yusef, “Flip Side” [Washington CityPaper].
• Listen: Tangie the Great, “Why” [Washington CityPaper].
• Calvin Johnson at Meeps, 8/11/12. Video from AllOurNoise.
• Dead Can Dance at Wolf Trap, 8/27/12. Reviewed by David Hintz [DC Rock Live].
• Ms Mr at the 9:30 Club, 8/14/12 (opening for Marina and the Diamonds). Reviewed by Stephen Bradley [Washington Times].
• O.A.R. at Merriweather Post Pavilion, 8/10/12. Reviewed by Sara Spangler [DC Music Live].
• Frankie Valli at Wolf Trap, 8/23/12. Reviewed by the Rogers Revue.
• Local band Cassandra Syndrome has a contest that includes T-Shirts and tickets to their concerts on 9/1 (with Cybergeist and Death Maschine at the Recher Theatre) and 9/14 (with Kamelot, A Sound of Thunder, and Fallen Martyr at Empire).
• DC101 is giving away front row tickets to DC101′s Kerfuffle with the Offspring, Sublime, Rome, Garbage, etc., at Jiffy Lube Live on 9/15 (contest ends 9/3).
• NEW The Vinyl District is giving away a copy of Stars‘ The North on gold vinyl (contest ends Tuesday 9/4).
• NEW The Vinyl District is giving away a copy of Stealing Sheep‘s Genevieve 7″ (contest ends Tuesday 9/4).
• NEW The Vinyl District is giving away a copy of Luna‘s Bewitched on vinyl (contest ends 9/6).
• NEW Nuclear Blast is giving away tickets to see While Heaven Wept (performing with Primordial) at Empire on 9/12.
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see Gotye at Merriweather Post Pavilion on 9/30 (no indication of when this contest ends).
Add this blog to your RSS feed: http://www.showlistdc.com/more/feed/