• Washingtonian’s Music Picks.
• DC Music Download’s Weekend Hits.
• We Love DC loves weekends.
• Brightest Young Things’ Best Weekend Bets.
• DCist’s This Week in Jazz.
• TBD points you to concerts featuring musicians who’ve been on TV (yes, Flavor Flav is in town).
• We’re trying something new. Go to this page to see all the shows that have been added or changed on ShowlistDC in the past 7 days.
Tonight – Friday, 8 June
• Interview: Marie Gullard talks to Kenny Garrett [Washington Examiner]. Performing Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at Blues Alley.
• Preview: Shauna Miller on Queen tribute band Queen Extravaganza [Washington Post Express]. Tonight at the 9:30 Club.
Saturday, 9 June
• Preview/Interview: Marie Gullard talks to violinist Nadja Salerno-Sonnenberg of the BSO [Washington Examiner]. The BSO performs Tchaikovsky’s Violin Concerto at Strathmore to close out its season.
• Preview: Kriston Capps on the Rock the Block Festival in Kensington, MD [Washington CityPaper].
Sunday, 10 June
• Preview/Interview: Moira E McLaughlin on 2:54 [Washington Post]. At the Rock & Roll Hotel.
• Preview: Stephen Bradley on Rachel Platten [Washington Times]. Performing at Jammin’ Java.
• Preview: Sadie Dingfelder on the Make It Mount Pleasant fair in Mt Pleasant, DC [Washington CityPaper]. The blurb talks about the crafts vendors, but there will be music as well (see our main page for details).
• CD Review: Dirty Dozen Brass Band: Twenty Dozen. Reviewed by Mike Joyce [Washington Post]. At Wolf Trap as part of Louisiana Swamp Romp. note: there’s no link to Joyce’s review because we couldn’t find it on the Post’s web site anywhere. May have to check the hard copy of the paper for it; we’ll keep looking for a link.
Monday, 11 June
Thursday, 14 June
• CD Review: Marissa Nadler: the Sister. Reviewed by Dan Miller [Washington Post]. At DC9.
• CD Review: Chris Smither: Hundred Dollar Valentine. Reviewed by Geoffrey Himes [Washington Post]. At Baldwin’s Station and Pub in Sykesville, MD.
• David Malitz guesses who’s going to be at the Virgin Mobile FreeFest this year [Washington Post].
• CD Review: Mutilation Rites: I Am Legion. Reviewed by Now Seitan Makes Your Rules!
• No longer missing: Mark Anderson, owner of the DC Improv, was found dead Wednesday morning in Arizona [Washington CityPaper].
• The show was last night, but here’s Catherine McCarthy’s interview with Ben Taylor of JC Brooks & the Uptown Sound [DCist]
• The show was last night, but here’s Jon Pacella’s interview with Elvis Suissa of Three Bad Jacks [9:30 Club].
• Rohan Mahadevan’s song of the day is the Cribs‘s “Men’s Needs” [DCist].
• Hometown Sounds DC’s DC music video of the day is Presto Bando, “Walking in the Air”.
• DCist presents the premiere of Frau Eva‘s video for “Underwater”.
• Michael J West on the DC Jazz Festival at the Atlas on 6/6/12 [Washington CityPaper]. Performance included Rodney Richardson Trio and Lena Seikaly.
• Aaron Leitko on Omar Souleyman at the 9:30 Club [Washington Post].
• Robert Battey on the NSO‘s season-closing program at the Kennedy Center [Washington Post].
• Fuzzy Logic on Black Hills at the Black Cat, 5/23/12.
• The Vinyl District is giving away a pair of pavilion tickets to the Kooks with Foster the People and Kimbra at Merriweather Post Pavilion on 6/10 (contest ends today at noon).
• NEW DC Music Download is giving away a slew of tickets: Bass Drum of Death, Yamantaka, Scott Lucas and the Married Men (contests end today at noon, Saturday at midnight, and Monday at midnight).
• The Vinyl District is giving away a copy of The Temper Trap‘s “Need Your Love” picture disc 7″. Winner must have a North American mailing address (contest ends Wednesday 6/13).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to The Great American Festival featuring Eve 6, Ozomatli, and more, at the National Harbor on 6/30 (no indication of when this contest ends).
• DC101 is giving away tickets to see Everclear, Sugar Ray, the Gin Blossoms, Lit, and Marcy Playground at Wolf Trap on 7/25 (no indication of when this contest ends).
• Metal Injection is giving away tickets to the Rockstar Mayhem Fest featuring Slipknot, Slayer, and Motorhead at Jiffy Lube Live on 7/29 (contest ends “randomly” as the concert date approaches).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see 311 and Slightly Stoopid at Jiffy Lube Live on 7/28 (contest ends Sunday 7/22).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see System of a Down with the Deftones at the Verizon Center on 8/7 (contest ends Sunday 7/29).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see OAR at Merriweather Post Pavilion on 8/10 (contest ends Sunday 7/29).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see Linkin Park and Mutemath at Jiffy Lube Live on 8/11 (contest ends 8/5).
Add this blog to your RSS feed: http://www.showlistdc.com/more/feed/