• Planning guides: DCist’s Weekly Music Agenda and This Week in Hip-Hop. Washington Post Going Out Guide’s Nightlife Agenda. Brightest Young Things’ shows to get pumped for this week.
• Reports from Chuck Brown‘s viewing at the Howard Theatre: Photos by the Huffington Post and lengthy articles by the Washington Post, DCist, and Washington CityPaper.
• RIP, Doc Watson. Chris Richards digs through the Washington Post archives to find a 1988 article by Richard Harrington about the legendary blind guitarist.
• 10 year-old local pianist Avery Gagliano performs on NPR’s show “From the Top” [Washington Post]. Her performance is scheduled to air at 6 p.m., Sunday, June 3, on classical WETA, 90.9 F.M.
• Mark Anderson, owner of the DC Improv, has been missing since May 15th [Huffington Post].
• Christopher Porter on Lungfish‘s A.C.R. 1999 [Washington Post Express].
• DCist has a new daily column: “Song of the Day”! Former music editor of the New Gay, Rohan Mahadevan, is bringing the New Gay’s Song of the Day column over to DCist. TNG closed up shop in November of 2011. Yesterday’s song: Japandroids, “The Night of Wine and Roses”.
• Jim Barnes on Loudoun County’s Danny Knicely and Tara Linhardt, who’ve put together a documentary entitled Mountain Music Project: A Musical Odyssey [Washington Post].
• CD Review: Regina Spektor: What We Saw From the Cheap Seats. Reviewed by Lindsay Zoladz [Pitchfork].
• CD Review: Fire and the Wheel: Fire and the Wheel. Reviewed by Dylan Galvin [DC Music Download].
• CD Review: Black Clouds: Everything Is Not Going To Be OK. Reviewed by Clay Conger [DC Music Download].
• Local listening: local songwriter Drew Gibson released a video for “On Sunday”.
• Local listening: Justin Jones, “Miracles” [Hometown Sounds DC].
• Local listening: Western Affairs‘ new EP, 2000 [DC Music Download].
• Preview: Nancy Dunham on Zac Brown Band [Washingtno Examiner]. Includes an interview with Blackberry Smoke‘s Charlie Starr.
• More coverage of Maryland DeathFest: photos by Josh Sisk [SPIN] and a collection of fan videos of Electric Wizard‘s performance [Roadburn.com].
• Andy Johnson on Drake at the Verizon Center [Brightest Young Things].
• Andy Johnson on Garbage at the 9:30 Club [Brightest Young Things].
• NEW The Vinyl District is giving away a pair of tickets to Simone Felice at the Hamilton on 5/31 (contest ends today at noon).
• The Vinyl District is giving away an autographed copy of the Gossip‘s A Joyful Noise on vinyl. Winner must have a North American mailing address (contest ends Thursday 5/31).
• The Vinyl District is giving away a copy of The Choice of Weapon on vinyl. Winner must have a North American mailing address (contest ends Friday 6/1).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to Dave Matthews Band at Jiffy Lube Live on 6/16 (contest ends Sunday 6/3).
• NEW The Vinyl District is giving away a copy of 2:54‘s S/T on vinyl (contest ends Tuesday 6/5).
• Metal Injection is giving away tickets to the Rockstar Mayhem Fest featuring Slipknot, Slayer, and Motorhead at Jiffy Lube Live on 7/29 (contest ends “randomly” as the concert date approaches).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see 311 and Slightly Stoopid at Jiffy Lube Live on 7/28 (contest ends Sunday 7/22).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see OAR at Merriweather Post Pavilion on 8/10 (contest ends Sunday 7/29).
Add this blog to your RSS feed: http://www.showlistdc.com/more/feed/