• Washingtonian’s Music Picks.
• DC Music Download’s Weekend Hits.
• We Love DC loves weekends.
• Washington CityPaper’s Jazz Setlist.
• TBD points you to shows you could take your mother to.
• Free drinks at the Ottobar if you’re attending M3 or Rob Zombie/Megadeath at Merriweather Post Pavilion.
Tonight – Friday, 11 May
• CD Review: Horse Feathers: Cynic’s New Year – reviewed by Dan Miller [Washington Post]. At the Black Cat.
• Interview/preview: Nancy Dunham on Avett Brothers [Washington Examiner]. At the Patriot Center.
• Interview/preview: Marie Gullard on the Philadelphia Orchestra and violinist James Ehnes [Washington Examiner]. At Strathmore.
• Preview: Jonathan L Fisher on Song 1 at the Hirshhorn [Washington CityPaper].
Saturday, 12 May
• Feature/interview: Brian Porter of Imperial China and Ross Hurt of Black Clouds chat with each other [the Vinyl District]. At the Rock & Roll Hotel tomorrow night. Also note that TVD is giving tickets away to the show at that link.
• Interview/preview: Emily Cary talks to Esperanza Spalding [Washington Examiner]. At the Howard Theatre.
• Preview: Joe Warminsky on Funk Ark [Washington CityPaper]. Also a review of their new album High Noon written by Mark Jenkins [Washington Post]. At the Hamilton.
• CD Review: the Wandering: Go On Now, You Can’t Stay Here: Mississippi Folk Music Volume III – reviewed by Catherine P Lewis [Washington Post]. At IOTA.
• The Washington CityPaper has published its Summer Music Guide. See listings in classical, jazz, hip-hop, indie-rock, and EDM an Electropop.
• Silo Halo‘s Midwestern Tour Diary: Day 4 [DCist].
• Interview: Metallomusikum talks to Maryland doom rockers Iron Man.
• Watch (and read the behind-the-scenes): Justin Jones‘s video for “Miracles” [NPR].
• Listen: Kishi Bashi stopped by NPR’s DC office for a Tiny Desk Concert.
• Megan Buerger on Feist at Strathmore on 5/9 [Washington Post].
• Mark Jenkins on We Are Serenades at the Black Cat [Washington Post].
• Stephen Bradley on fun. at the 9:30 Club [Washington Times].
• Catherine Lewis (yup, that’s me) on Opeth, Mastodon, and Ghost at the Fillmore Silver Spring on 5/9 [DCist].
• We Love DC on Patrick Watson at the 9:30 Club on 5/8.
• DCHeavyMetal.com is giving away a pair of tickets to see Rob Zombie and Megadeth at the Merriweather Post Pavilion on 5/13 (contest ends today at 5 PM).
• The Vinyl District is giving away a pair of tickets to see Black Clouds, Tone, and Imperial China at the Rock & Roll Hotel on 5/12(contest ends today at noon).
• Baltimore SoundStage is giving away a pair of tickets to see The Machine performs Pink Floyd on 5/12 plus a $20 bar tab and dinner (contest ends today).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to the sold-out Radiohead show at the Verizon Center on 6/3 (contest ends Sunday 5/27).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to Dave Matthews Band at Jiffy Lube Live on 6/16 (contest ends Sunday 6/3).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see 311 and Slightly Stoopid at Jiffy Lube Live on 7/28 (contest ends Sunday 7/22).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see OAR at Merriweather Post Pavilion on 8/10 (contest ends Sunday 7/29).
Add this blog to your RSS feed: http://www.showlistdc.com/more/feed/