• Washingtonian’s Music Picks.
• DCist’s This Week in Jazz.
• DCist’s This Week in Hip-Hop.
• Washington CityPaper’s Jazz Setlist.
• DC Music Download’s Weekend Hits.
• ShowlistDC’s recently-added and -changed shows.
Today – Friday, 24 August
• Elikeh at the Black Cat: Between 2 Worlds reviewed by Mark Jenkins [Washington Post].
• Gerald Albright and Norman Brown at Rams Head Tavern: collaborative album 24/7 reviewed by Mike Joyce [Washington Post].
• Al Green and Taj Majal at Wolf Trap: Interview with Taj Majal by Stephen M Deusner [Washington Post Express] and interview with Al Green by Rudi Greenberg [Washington Post Express].
Saturday, 25 August
• Bobby Keys (of the Rolling Stones and more) at the Howard Theatre: article/interview by David Malitz [Washington Post].
• E.D.Sedgwick and N’Digio Rose & the Nekkid UndastanN at Ras Hall on Georgia Ave: interview with JosaFeen Wells (who plays in both bands) [We Love DC].
Tuesday, 28 August
• Local venue news for those of you into EDM: New club Echostage will open 9/22 in the DC Star space on Queens Chapel Road NE [Washington Post].
• Tips for how to score Virgin Mobile FreeFest tickets [Washington Post].
• Explanation of the beef triangle among Fat Trel, Shy Glizzy, and Wale [Washington CityPaper].
• Local band news: the Make-Up‘s “I Want Some” will be reissued as a double LP [Washington CityPaper].
• Lots of Chuck Brown news: images of the memorial planned for Langdon Park [Washington CityPaper] and “Wind Me Up, Chuck!” Mondays at the Howard Theatre [DCist] and reflections from Brown’s son and daughter [DC Music Live].
• Interview: Joe Warminsky talks to Lady Moet Beast and D.C. Ty the Monster [Washington CityPaper].
• Review: Janka Nabay and the Bubu Gang, En Yay Sah [Washington CityPaper].
• College student? Comet Ping Pong is looking for interns [Facebook].
• Here’s a roundup of Hometown Sounds DC’s local music videos of the day:
– Raheem DeVaughn, “I Don’t Care” (8/23)
– Beautiful Swimmers, “Big Coast” (8/22)
– Fat Trel, “Respect with the Teck” (8/21)
• Ava Luna at DC9, 8/6/12: Review by All Our Noise.
• the Courtesans and Skribe at the Black Cat, 8/22/12: Review by David Hintz [DC Rock Live].
• Mary Chapin Carpenter and Loudon Wainwright III at Wolf Trap, 8/18/12: Review by Elliot Lanes [MD Theatre Guide].
• Lightning Bolt, Hume, and Les Rhinoceros at the Rock & Roll Hotel, 8/21/12. Review by David Hintz [DC Rock Live].
• She Keeps Bees at the Paperhaus, 8/4/12: Review by Stephen Bradley [Washington Times].
• The Vinyl District is giving away two Slumberland LPs: Lorelei‘s Enterprising Sidewalks and Echo Lake‘s Wild Peace (contest ends today).
• DC101 is giving away tickets to the Rockstar UPROAR festival with Shinedown, Godsmack, Staind, Papa Roach, and more. Show is at Jiffy Lube Live on 9/2 (contest ends 8/26).
• DC101 is giving away tickets to Ben Harper‘s acoustic show at Wolf Trap on 9/4 (contest ends 8/26).
• Local band Cassandra Syndrome has a contest that includes T-Shirts and tickets to their concerts on 9/1 (with Cybergeist and Death Maschine at the Recher Theatre) and 9/14 (with Kamelot, A Sound of Thunder, and Fallen Martyr at Empire).
• DC101 is giving away front row tickets to DC101′s Kerfuffle with the Offspring, Sublime, Rome, Garbage, etc., at Jiffy Lube Live on 9/15 (contest ends 9/3).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see Gotye at Merriweather Post Pavilion on 9/30 (no indication of when this contest ends).
Add this blog to your RSS feed: http://www.showlistdc.com/more/feed/