• Today is Local Music Day!
• Preview/interview: Nancy Dunham on Ingrid Michaelson [Washington Examiner]. Tonight at the 9:30 Club.
• Preview: Nancy Dunham on Red Hot Chili Peppers [Washington Examiner]. Tomorrow night at the Verizon Center.
• Interview: Jeff Jetton & Ian Palmiero talked to Mastodon last year before their show at the 9:30 club [BYT]. The band plays tonight with Opeth and Ghost at the Fillmore Silver Spring.
• Last week, publishing company Tuff City hit the Beastie Boys with a lawsuit for sampling DC go-go band Trouble Funk songs. Trouble Funk was not aware of the lawsuit or of Adam Yauch’s death [Washington Post]. DCist also reports (with song audio).
• How do you feel about guilty pleasures? Caitlin Moore wrote an article titled Why I like One Direction and you should, too (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Boy Band) [Washington Post].
• “Song 1″ extended until May 20 [Washington Post]. Check out some of the bands playing Friday at that link. Washington CityPaper also reports.
• Christopher Porter on Richard Chartier‘s subatomic sounds [Express].
• Watch: DCMusicDownload rounds up recent local music videos: Us & Them; yU, Raheem Devaughn, Oddisee, Noyeek, Draus, Laelo, Tabi Bonney; A Sound of Thunder; and Fat Trel.
• In other Fat Trel news, the DC rapper has teamed up with Chicago’s Chief Keef [Washington CityPaper].
• Listen: Heavy Uber Alles gives us six heavy tunes every Tuesday.
• Silo Halo‘s midwestern tour diary, Day 1 and Day 2 [DCist].
• More local touring news: Dying Fetus met the chicken guy at their recent Baltimore show at Sonar [Metal Underground].
• Black Clouds will be playing their new record in its entirety at their show Saturday night at the Rock & Roll Hotel.
• Maryland djent band Periphery posted that they will be playing new songs on the Summer Slaughter tour, which stops at Sonar on 8/4.
• Metallomusikum continues her countdown to Maryland DeathFest with a profile of Richmond’s Cough.
• Going to see Opeth tonight at the Fillmore? Read about Opeth frontman Mikael Akerfeldt‘s underwear injury [Metal Underground]. Also, I’ll be there, so come up and say hi!
• The Vinyl District is giving away a copy of Dot Hacker‘s Inhibition on colored vinyl. Winner must have a North American mailing address (contest ends today).
• DCHeavyMetal.com is giving away a pair of tickets to see Rob Zombie and Megadeth at the Merriweather Post Pavilion on 5/13 (contest ends Friday 5/11 at 5 PM).
• Baltimore SoundStage is giving away a pair of tickets to see The Machine performs Pink Floyd on 5/12 plus a $20 bar tab and dinner (contest ends Friday 5/11).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to the sold-out Radiohead show at the Verizon Center on 6/3 (contest ends Sunday 5/27).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to Dave Matthews Band at Jiffy Lube Live on 6/16 (contest ends Sunday 6/3).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see 311 and Slightly Stoopid at Jiffy Lube Live on 7/28 (contest ends Sunday 7/22).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see OAR at Merriweather Post Pavilion on 8/10 (contest ends Sunday 7/29).
Add this blog to your RSS feed: http://www.showlistdc.com/more/feed/