• Washingtonian’s Music Picks.
• DC Music Download’s Weekend Hits.
• We Love DC loves weekends.
• Washington CityPaper’s Jazz Setlist.
• ShowlistDC’s recently-added and changed shows.
Tonight – Friday, 20 July
• Preview: Stephen Bradley on the Promise Ring [Washington Times]. Alex Baca also wrote a preview [Washington CityPaper]. At the 9:30 Club.
• Interview: Clay Conger talks to Jonny Grave [DC Music Download]. At the Black Cat.
• Interview/preview: Marie Gullard talks to Johnny Mathis [Washington Examiner]. At Wolf Trap.
• Interview/Preview: Marie Gullard on Louis Hayes Jazz Communicators [Washington Examiner]. Friday and Saturday at the Bohemian Caverns.
• CD Review: Shawn Colvin: All Fall Down. Reviewed by Mike Joyce [Washington Post]. At the Birchmere.
Saturday, 21 July
• Interview: We Love DC talks to Dan Scheuerman of Deleted Scenes. At the Red Palace.
• Interview/profile: Alexis Hauk on the Roustabouts [Washingtonian]. At the Zoo Bar.
• Preview: Christopher Porter on Nicki Minaj [Washington Post Express]. At DAR Constitution Hall.
• CD Review: Lotus Plaza: Spooky Action at a Distance. Reviewed by Brandon Weigel [Washington Post]. At the Rock & Roll Hotel.
Sunday, 22 July
• Interview/Preview: Christopher Porter on Dent May [Washington Post Express]. At DC9.
• Preview: Rudi Greenberg on LCD Soundsystem‘s James Murphy [Washington Post Express]. Opening for Hot Chip and Sleigh Bells at Merriweather Post Pavilion. Nancy Dunham wrote a preview about Hot Chip [Washington Examiner]. David Malitz also wrote a lengthy article [Washington Post].
Monday, 23 July
Tuesday, 24 July
Wednesday, 25 July
Thursday, 26 July
• CD Review: Rebecca Gates and the Consortium: the Float. Reviewed by David Malitz [Washington Post]. At the Black Cat.
• CD Review: the Tallest Man on Earth: There’s No Leaving Now. Reviewed by Chris Kompanek [Washington Post]. At the 9:30 Club.
• the Baltimore CityPaper’s cover story this week is Dan Deacon.
• Chris Richards on musicians who try to launch country careers [Washington Post].
• Anne Midgette on the Evermay summer concert series [Washington Post].
• Decibel Magazine interviewed Zac Ohler of Strong Intention.
• Hometown Sounds DC’s local music video of the day is the Torches, “Mr. Vampire”.
• DCist’s song of the day is the Promise Ring, “Happiness Is All the Rage”.
• Listen: Oddisee guests on 14KT‘s “High Horse” [Washington CityPaper].
• Dan Deacon has a new video for “True Thrush” [Baltimore CityPaper].
• DCHeavyMetal.com is giving away a pair of tickets to the Ben Bones Birthday Bash at the Rock & Roll Hotel on 7/24, plus a signed copy of the new Auroboros EP (contest ends today at 5 pm).
• NEW The Vinyl District is giving away tickets to Liars at U St Music Hall on 7/25 plus a signed copy of WIXIW (contest ends today at noon).
• The Vinyl District is giving away a copy of Anywhere‘s self-titled album on vinyl. Winner must have a North America mailing address (contest ends Tuesday 7/24).
• Metal Injection is giving away tickets to the Rockstar Mayhem Fest featuring Slipknot, Slayer, and Motorhead at Jiffy Lube Live on 7/29 (contest ends “randomly” as the concert date approaches).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see 311 and Slightly Stoopid at Jiffy Lube Live on 7/28 (contest ends Sunday 7/22).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see System of a Down with the Deftones at the Verizon Center on 8/7 (contest ends Sunday 7/29).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see OAR at Merriweather Post Pavilion on 8/10 (contest ends Sunday 7/29).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see Linkin Park and Mutemath at Jiffy Lube Live on 8/11 (contest ends 8/5).
• DC101 is giving away a pair of tickets to see Gotye at Merriweather Post Pavilion on 9/30 (no indication of when this contest ends).