Food poisoning still has us here at ShowlistDC moving slowly. Just a few things to read this morning….
Stuff to read:
• Interview: Chris Richards talks to Mick Jagger after his performance at the White House [Washington Post]
• Live reviews: Guns N Roses at the Fillmore, reviewed by Chris Richards [the Washington Post], Martin Austermuhle [DCist], and photos by Erica Bruce [Washington CityPaper]. The poorly-attended Rick Ross show at DAR Constitution Hall, reviewed by David Malitz [the Washington Post] and Joel Church [DC Style Is Real]. Scott Galupo on Blake Shelton at the Patriot Center [Washington Post]. Robert Battey on Brooklyn Rider at Dumbarton Church [Washington Post]. Luke Stewart on Dwayne Adell Trio at Bohemian Caverns [Capital Bop].
• Listen to Andrew Bird‘s Break It Yourself [NPR] – playing at the 9:30 Club on 5/8 (sold out) and Rams Head Live! on 5/9.
• Listen to the Magnetic Fields‘ Love at the Bottom of the Sea [NPR] – playing at the 9:30 Club on 4/9 (sold out).
Stuff to win:
• The Vinyl District is giving away a pair of tickets to Experience Hendrix at Strathmore on 3/6 (contest ends today at noon)
• The Vinyl District is giving away a signed vinyl copy of All the Details by Doris (featuring Paul Adelstein of Private Practice). Winner must have a North American mailing address. (contest ends Tuesday 2/28)
• DC 50/WDCW is giving away tickets to Jim Jones with Nyemiah Supreme at U Street Music Hall on 3/5 (contest ends 3/1 at noon).
• DCHeavyMetal.com is giving away a pair of tickets to see Marilyn Manson at the Fillmore Silver Spring on 5/1 (contest ends Friday 3/2 at 5 PM)